
Two additional suspects from Missouri and Washington have been arrested in connection with an alleged plot to attack a UFC event hosted by US President Donald Trump at the White House earlier this month, according to authorities.

Two additional suspects from Missouri and Washington have been arrested in connection with an alleged plot to attack a UFC event hosted by US President Donald Trump at the White House earlier this month, according to authorities.
The incident reportedly prompted concern within the British government and was raised with the White House by the British embassy in Washington.Prime Minister Andy Burnham speaks to staff at the met office during a visit on August 14, 2026 in Exeter, United Kingdom. Finnbarr Webster/Pool via REUTERS(via REUTERS)UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham exchanged messages with someone impersonating Susie Wiles, US President Donald Trump’s chief of staff, before becoming suspicious that the contact was not genuine, Politico reported citing four officials.The incident reportedly prompted concern within the British government and was raised with the White House by the British embassy in Washington.Burnham exchanged messages with fake WilesBurnham, who became prime minister on July 20, reportedly communicated with the person posing as Wiles after entering Downing Street.The person said that “a few messages” were exchanged but described them as being “of no significance.”The exact content of the communications and when they were sent remain unclear. Officials have kept details of the incident closely guarded.Downing Street declined to comment, saying: “We do not comment on national security matters.”British embassy raised concerns with White HouseThe incident was serious enough for the British embassy in Washington to raise it with the White House, the news outlet stated citing two officials.There were also concerns within the UK government that Wiles’ cellphone could have been compromised, given that a similar incident involving someone impersonating the White House chief of staff had occurred previously.However, a White House official denied that Wiles’ devices had been hacked in this case.“This incident had nothing to do with the Chief of Staff’s devices being hacked,” the official said.Similar impersonation incident investigated last yearThe latest incident echoes a case from last year in which US senators, governors and business executives received text messages and phone calls from someone claiming to be Trump’s chief of staff.The White House and FBI launched an investigation into that episode.Stay updated with the latest Trending, India, World and US news. HomeNewsUs NewsUK PM Andy Burnham exchanged messages with Susie Wiles impersonator before suspecting contact was fake: ReportMore
Two additional suspects from Missouri and Washington have been arrested in connection with an alleged plot to attack a UFC event hosted by US President Donald Trump at the White House earlier this month, according to authorities.William Lee Spartacus Falkner, a resident of Belfair, Washington, was taken into custody on Friday and charged with conspiracy to commit murder, court records filed Monday in the Western District of Washington show. Jordan W. Rincker, 28, was arrested on Sunday and faces the same charge of conspiracy to commit murder in the Western District of Missouri, reported AP.The US Department of Justice said that five individuals from several states, including Ohio, Missouri, Nebraska, and California, were initially taken into custody on federal charges."Law enforcement continues to do what it does – move to disrupt and hold accountable those allegedly plotting to do harm on the White House Grounds on June 14," Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche mentioned in a news release.An attorney appointed to represent Falkner did not immediately respond to a request for comment sent by email, while court documents do not indicate whether Rincker has secured legal representation. Neither defendant has yet entered a plea.Prosecutors allege that Jordan W. Rincker provided money to several members of the conspiracy and received items such as weapons, a 3D printer, a computer, and other equipment. They claim he also agreed to manufacture components for drones.What does FBI affidavit say about Rincker?However, according to an FBI affidavit, Rincker told investigators that he never intended to use the 3D printer to help build drones. Instead, he said he wanted the printer for personal use to create and sell handcrafted items.The FBI affidavit states Falkner allegedly exchanged messages with other members of the group regarding his ability to obtain and operate drones, as well as discussions about potential tactics and the types of explosives that could be used in the planned attack.The affidavit also mentions that after reports emerged that authorities had foiled the alleged plot, Falkner sent a text message to another participant saying, "Work trip is cancelled. My boss got picked up," along with a link to an article describing the initial arrests connected to the case.According to investigators, the suspects subscribed to extremist conspiracy theories and allegedly believed that carrying out the attack would help undermine government stability.Who is Tycen Proper?The probe was launched after the mother of a man from Ohio alerted authorities about her concerns regarding her son's recent gun purchases and his online activities, according to an FBI affidavit submitted in the case.According to the FBI affidavit, 19-year-old Tycen Proper told investigators that he belonged to a group seeking to spark a revolution by targeting government officials. Authorities allege the group planned to deploy drones carrying explosives at the event and then open fire on attendees as they fled in panic.Proper has been charged with multiple offenses, including firearms violations and the attempted murder of a federal officer or employee of the US.“Mr Proper appreciates the serious nature of the charges currently pending against him and will address them appropriately in court at the right time. For now, we are going to move the case forward one step at a time,” Proper's attorney, Joe Patituce, stated on Monday.Meanwhile, investigators seized several high-powered weapons from some of the suspects and examined encrypted messages exchanged among about 20 individuals. The communications allegedly included detailed maps, aerial images of the targeted area, and discussions about establishing a “safe house” and planning escape routes following the proposed attack, according to court documents.However, the records do not clearly indicate how close the group came to acquiring the capability to execute the alleged plot before authorities intervened.Many susp
Discussion (0)