'Begging For Deal': Trump Shares Video Of '20 Times' Bigger US Strikes On Iran



Updated: Aug 2, 2026 08:20 AM IST President Donald Trump at the White House in Washington. (AP Photo)US President Donald Trump on Saturday said a peace deal has been agreed with Tehran and that he would hold off fresh strikes on Iran. In the social media message, the US President said that the fresh deal “would include the immediate, complete, and total opening of the Hormuz Strait, and an end to Iran’s nuclear threat.”“We have just been asked by Iran and other Middle Eastern Countries to hold off any attack in that the perimeters of a deal has been agreed to. This would include the Immediate, Complete, and Total OPENING OF THE HORMUZ STRAIT, and an end to Iran’s nuclear threat,” Trump said on Truth Social. The Express Global Desk at indianexpress.com which delivers authoritative, verified, and context-driven coverage of key international developments shaping global politics, policy, and migration trends. The desk focuses on stories with direct relevance for Indian and global audiences, combining breaking news with in-depth explainers and analysis. A major focus area of the desk is US immigration and visa policy, including developments related to student visas, work permits, permanent residency pathways, executive actions, and court rulings. The Global Desk also closely tracks Canada’s immigration, visa, and study policies, covering changes to study permits, post-study work options, permanent residence programmes, and regulatory updates affecting migrants and international students. All reporting from the Global Desk adheres to The Indian Express’ editorial standards, relying on official data, government notifications, court documents, and on-record sources. The desk prioritises clarity, accuracy, and accountability, ensuring readers can navigate complex global systems with confidence. Core Team The Express Global Desk is led by a team of experienced journalists and editors with deep expertise in international affairs and migration policy: Aniruddha Dhar – Senior Assistant Editor with extensive experience in global affairs, international politics, and editorial leadership. Nischai Vats – Deputy Copy Editor specialising in US politics, US visa and immigration policy, and policy-driven international coverage. Mashkoora Khan – Sub-editor focusing on global developments, with a strong emphasis on Canada visa, immigration, and study-related policy coverage. ... Read More Stay updated with the latest - Click here to follow us on Instagram Tags: donald trump

NewsWorldTrump shares fake images of tanker seizure and Kharg terminal strike on Truth Social The posts come as tensions between the US and Iran continue, tied to ongoing maritime operations and military activity in the region. 2 min readJul 27, 2026 04:54 AM IST First published on: Jul 27, 2026 at 04:52 AM IST Trump shares AI-generated images of attacks on Iranian facilities. (Photo: @realDonaldTrump) US President Donald Trump has posted a series of AI-generated images on his Truth Social platform, showing scenes that appear to depict a US seizure of an Iranian oil tanker and a strike on Iran’s Kharg Island oil export terminal. One image shows Trump standing on a tanker with a US flag, while another shows fighter jets bombing the Kharg facility.(Photo: @realDonaldTrump) What do the images show? The posts come as tensions between the US and Iran continue, tied to ongoing maritime operations and military activity in the region. The Kharg terminal handles a large share of Iran’s oil exports, making it a key target, and the image suggesting a strike there points to the possibility of further escalation. (Photo: @realDonaldTrump) Trump has previously shared AI-generated images during this conflict depicting other military actions against Iranian assets. What does this signal about the conflict? Trump’s recent posts appear to point to continued US military pressure on Iran, in line with ongoing enforcement activity at sea. Market pricing tracked by the outlet suggests a lower chance of the US announcing a halt to offensive operations against Iran by 31 July.Story continues below this ad Trump shares AI-generated images of attacks on Iranian facilities. (Photo: @realDonaldTrump) The posts may signal that military activity will continue or increase, which could affect the odds of a diplomatic resolution. Observers will be watching for any official word from the White House or State Department on a possible pause in operations, which could shift market expectations. Developments around the Strait of Hormuz, including any incidents involving ships, may offer further signs of US intentions. (Photo: @realDonaldTrump) Mediation efforts by countries such as Pakistan, along with any new diplomatic moves, could also affect expectations around a possible ceasefire. The Express Global Desk at indianexpress.com which delivers authoritative, verified, and context-driven coverage of key international developments shaping global politics, policy, and migration trends. The desk focuses on stories with direct relevance for Indian and global audiences, combining breaking news with in-depth explainers and analysis. A major focus area of the desk is US immigration and visa policy, including developments related to student visas, work permits, permanent residency pathways, executive actions, and court rulings. The Global Desk also closely tracks Canada’s immigration, visa, and study policies, covering changes to study permits, post-study work options, permanent residence programmes, and regulatory updates affecting migrants and international students. All reporting from the Global Desk adheres to The Indian Express’ editorial standards, relying on official data, government notifications, court documents, and on-record sources. The desk prioritises clarity, accuracy, and accountability, ensuring readers can navigate complex global systems with confidence. Core Team The Express Global Desk is led by a team of experienced journalists and editors with deep expertise in international affairs and migration policy: Aniruddha Dhar – Senior Assistant Editor with extensive experience in global affairs, international politics, and editorial leadership. Nischai Vats – Deputy Copy Editor specialising in US politics, US visa and immigration policy, and policy-driven international coverage. Mashkoora Khan – Sub-editor focusing on global developments, with a strong emphasis on Canada visa, immigration, and study-related policy coverage. ... Re

New DelhiJul 23, 2026 12:28 PM IST US President Donald Trump speaks at Wheeler High School, Wednesday, July 22, 2026, in Marietta, Ga. (AP Photo/Julia Demaree Nikhinson) House Republicans on Thursday advanced a $95 billion funding package aimed at supporting the US military campaign against Iran and funding several of President Donald Trump’s priorities. The measure was passed 216 -214 along party lines, with Republicans narrowly backing the proposal as Speaker Mike Johnson sought to move forward with a strategy to push Trump’s agenda through a divided Congress. Conservative lawmakers raised concerns over the lack of spending offsets, while Democrats argued that the money should be directed towards domestic priorities instead of expanding the conflict overseas.The legislation faces an uncertain future in the Senate, where support for the package remains unclear. The vote came after Trump intensified his warnings against Iran following another wave of US military strikes. The president said the US would target Iranian infrastructure, including bridges and power plants, in response to attacks on commercial vessels in the Strait of Hormuz. The Pentagon said the latest strikes are the 12th consecutive night of US operations against Iran, with American officials saying the campaign aims to weaken Iran’s ability to threaten shipping routes and regional security. Trump attends transfer ceremony of deceased American soldiers Trump attended a dignified transfer ceremony at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware for four US service members killed in the Middle East conflict. The president saluted as the flag-draped remains of the fallen troops were carried from an aircraft. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Dan Caine also attended the ceremony.Story continues below this ad Trump described meeting grieving military families as one of the most difficult responsibilities of his presidency. The Defense Department identified the fallen service members as: 1st Lt. Tyler James Feehan, 25, of Ewa Beach, Hawaii Pvt. Isabella Gonzales, 19, of Carrollton, Texas Sgt. Angel Rampersad, 28, of Ozone Park, New York Sgt. Michael Emmanuel Swinton, 30, of Spring Lake, North Carolina The deaths bring the number of US service members killed since the conflict began in February to 18. House divided over support for Iran war Republican lawmakers are increasingly facing pressure over their support for the Iran war as public skepticism grows. Several GOP members have privately questioned the administration’s long-term strategy, but most have continued to support Trump’s approach.Story continues below this ad Democrats are expected to push for new votes demanding that the president seek congressional approval for continued military action. The debate comes months before the midterm elections, where Republican lawmakers in competitive districts may face questions about the costs and consequences of the conflict. © IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd

The US and Saudi Arabia have signed a controversial deal that could potentially enable the latter to kickstart a civilian nuclear programme. Heralded as a “peaceful nuclear cooperation agreement”, the 30-year pact effectively seeks to offer “great access for American companies in the Saudi nuclear energy program”, according to the US Department of Energy.Text from the deal is yet to be made public. American media outlets such as CNN and CBS have reported that it could allow Saudi Arabia to enrich uranium – primarily to be used as fuel for atomic power plants, but also can be diverted to make nuclear bombs. The American energy department of Energy noted that along with the co-operation deal, a “bilateral safeguards agreement” was also signed.Why the US-Saudi nuclear deal is controversial Experts point to at least three major issues with this deal. One, this could potentially set off an arms race in a volatile region where there is already a nuclear power and one that is on the cusp of getting there. Two, there is yet again another conflict of interest scenario that brews from this, given that the Trump Organisation has increasing financial dealings with Saudi Arabia and other countries in that geography. Third, this deal has to be ratified by the US Congress, which could be an uphill task despite Trump’s Republican Party currently controlling both the upper and lower chambers of the US legislature. In just 2024, Trump and his family businesses raised about $50 million from documented deals connected to Saudi Arabia. This includes hospitality, casino deals and crypto interests. The announcement of the deal also comes as fighting escalates between the US and Iran. Saudi Arabia, a longtime American ally, hosts multiple US bases, which have been targeted by these Iranian attacks. It also comes two days after Iran’s allies in Yemen, the Houthis, announced a “maritime blockade” against the Kingdom. “It is a fact that if a country can produce its own nuclear fuel, then it becomes a much bigger risk for building nuclear weapons. The fingerprint in the safeguards agreement would need to be read carefully. We also have to keep in mind that this deal has to be ratified by the US Congress, where its passage could be tough. The broad support that Israel enjoys in the US legislature is simply not there for Saudi Arabia. The deal likely stems from the meeting that Saudi Arabia’s ruler Mohammed bin Salman had with Trump last November,” an Delhi-based representative of a US think-tank said. The person indicated that a joint study was undertaken by the US and Saudi Arabia to enable the latter to enrich uranium on its soil to produce fuel at an American -built enrichment facility, instead of relying on imported fuel. The study was a precursor to the deal that’s now been signed. The nuclear agreement marks a big diplomatic and strategic victory for Saudi Arabia, and it has the potential to reshape power dynamics in the West Asian region, multiple experts have cited in their early comments. In their respective formal responses, both sides talked of mutual economic benefits from the pact. “Together, these two agreements (deal and safeguards agreement) lay the legal foundation for a decades-long, multi-billion-dollar partnership that advances several priority economic and strategic objectives, including nuclear nonproliferation,” the US DoE statement said. The Saudi government also issued a statement, claiming the deal “represents an extension of existing co-operation between the two countries in the energy sector”. Massachusetts Democratic Senator Edward Markey issued a statement condemning Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Trump, and saying that their “hypocrisy is matched only by their recklessness”.Story continues below this ad Incidentally, Rubio, who was travelling in the Philippines when the deal was announced, seemed to suggest that the deal was news to him but asserted that “the US is not going to reach any agreement with any country in th

NewsWorldUS, Iran trade strikes as Tehran shuts down Strait of Hormuz The strikes followed an incident in which a Cyprus-flagged container ship was hit while transiting the strait. 4 min readJul 12, 2026 08:58 AM IST First published on: Jul 12, 2026 at 08:58 AM IST Cargo ships near the Strait of Hormuz. (File Photo) The United States Saturday launched a fresh round of strikes on Iran after an attack on a commercial vessel in the Strait of Hormuz. The US Central Command (CENTCOM) said the action was taken in response to threats to maritime security in the region. According to CENTCOM, a Cyprus-flagged container ship suffered “significant engine-room damage” due to an onboard fire after Iran’s military struck the vessel while it was transiting the strait. One civilian crew member is also missing.The US military said the strikes were carried out on the orders of President Donald Trump and targeted Iranian radar systems, missile and drone storage sites, and launch facilities. Why did the US launch strikes? CENTCOM said the action was aimed at degrading Iran’s ability to target commercial shipping. “The United States is imposing a heavy cost by continuing to degrade Iran’s ability to attack civilian mariners,” the command said in a statement. At 7:15 p.m. ET today, U.S. Central Command forces began launching the third round of strikes this week against Iran after Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps forces blatantly attacked M/V GFS Galaxy, a Cyprus-flagged container ship transiting the Strait of Hormuz. A civilian crew…— U.S. Central Command (@CENTCOM) July 11, 2026 The escalation came after Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) claimed responsibility for striking the vessel, saying it had issued warnings over what it described as an “unauthorised route” through the strait. Is the Strait of Hormuz now closed? The IRGC later announced that the Strait of Hormuz would be “closed until further notice”, warning that no vessels would be allowed to pass until what it called “American interventions” in the region ended.Story continues below this ad The declaration has raised concerns over global energy supplies, as the strait is a critical route for nearly a fifth of the world’s traded oil and gas. What did US officials say? US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth issued a blunt warning following the strikes, writing on X: “Iran made a poor choice. Now they pay.” Iran made a poor choice. Now they pay. https://t.co/8m4fEfgrXv— Pete Hegseth (@PeteHegseth) July 11, 2026 Officials said the latest action marks the third round of US strikes on Iranian targets this week, signalling a sharp escalation despite recent diplomatic efforts to stabilise the region. What about diplomacy and ceasefire efforts? The escalation comes amid fragile negotiations involving regional players, including Oman, which had proposed reopening key shipping routes in the strait. However, Iran has not approved the proposal and has taken it back for internal discussions, according to officials cited by Axios. Iran has also accused Washington of violating a previous understanding by tightening restrictions on its oil exports, with Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi stressing that any agreement requires “mutual compliance”.Story continues below this ad With both sides exchanging threats and military actions intensifying, the situation in the Strait of Hormuz remains volatile. The US has warned of further action if maritime security is threatened, while Iran has vowed retaliation against any escalation. The developments have heightened fears of a broader conflict and renewed disruption to global shipping through one of the world’s most critical waterways. The Express Global Desk at indianexpress.com which delivers authoritative, verified, and context-driven coverage of key international developments shaping global politics, policy, and migration trends. The desk focuses on stories with direct relevance for Indian and global audiences, combining breaking n
Iran state media reported explosions in multiple locations along the southern Iranian coast, including Bushehr, home to Iran's nuclear power plant complex, and the southern port cities of Chabahar, Konarak, Bandar Abbas, and Sirik. An airbase in Iranshahr also came under US military fire.
Discussion (0)