NITI Aayog releases Policy Report on School Education System in India
NITI Aayog releases Policy Report on School Education System in India News On AIR
NITI Aayog releases Policy Report on School Education System in India News On AIR

3 min readNew DelhiUpdated: May 9, 2026 07:56 AM IST
During investigation, police said the accused was identified by the child and arrested on the same day. (File Photo)A three-year old student has been allegedly raped by the caretaker of a school in West Delhi. After the arrest of the accused, he was granted bail by a court on May 7, said police. An FIR was lodged into the incident on May 1, when the girl’s mother filed a police complaint, alleging that her daughter was sexually assaulted during school hours by an unknown male staff member of the school.The accused was booked under Section 64 (1) of the BNS, which pertains to punishing rape with rigorous imprisonment not less than 10 years as well as Section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, which covers aggravated penetrative sexual assault. During investigation, police said the accused was identified by the child and arrested on the same day. “The accused was promptly arrested and subsequently remanded to judicial custody. However, the accused was granted bail on Tuesday… despite strong opposition from the prosecution,” DCP (West) Darade Sharad Bhaskar said. Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Rohit Gulia of Dwarka Court, in his order dated May 7, said, “…it has been shown that the applicant/accused had left the junior wing of the school at around 8.37 am and had not returned back thereafter and moreover, the applicant/accused had joined the investigation when he was called by the police authorities…” “…there is nothing on record which could suggest that the applicant accused had ever tried to flee or interfere in the investigation of the case in any manner whatsoever. Further, the Investigating Officer admitted that the alleged crime scene had been investigated by the crime team and relevant articles seized, including the DVRs of the CCTV cameras… moreover, teachers of the junior wing of the school have been examined,” he added.Story continues below this ad The ASJ said that it was clear that there was no “requirement of keeping the accused behind bars for long”. “…without commenting upon the merits or demerits of the case, the applicant/accused… is admitted to bail,” he added. The defense counsel had argued that the accused was not present at the junior wing of the school when the crime allegedly took place. The DCP said the police are examining the court order and taking legal opinion to decide further course of action. According to the police, the victim’s statement was recorded before the court under Section 183 of the BNSS, and crucial evidence, including CCTV and DVR footage, was seized.
Sakshi Chand is an Assistant Editor at The Indian Express, based in New Delhi. With over a decade of experience in investigative journalism, she is a leading voice on crime, the prison system, and institutional governance in the National Capital.
Professional Background
Specialization: Her reporting focus includes high-stakes crime, national security, prison reforms, and traffic governance.
Key Coverage: She has been on the frontlines of major events such as the 2G spectrum case, the 2020 North-East Delhi riots, and communal clashes across Uttar Pradesh (Kasganj, Aligarh).
Earlier Career: Before joining The Indian Express, she was a reporter for The Times of India.
Personal Interests: Outside of her career in journalism, Sakshi is a National-level basketball player and coach, bringing a unique sporting discipline to her professional life.
Major Recent Coverage (Late 2025)
Her reporting in the latter half of 2025 has been dominated by a major terror investigation and administrative accountability:
Throughout November and December 2025, Sakshi led the coverage of a car explosion near Delhi's Red Fort:
Forensic Breakthroughs: She reported on the use of TATP and ammonium nitrate in the IED and identified the shops where raw materials were sourced (Nov 14-16, 2025).
The "i20 Route": She meticulously tracked the j

4 min readNew DelhiMay 9, 2026 05:54 AM IST
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi during his Sadbhav Yatra in Gurgaon on Friday. (Photo: Abhinav Saha)LEADER OF Opposition Rahul Gandhi on Friday said the ruling BJP has created a system to steal elections in the country and no party other than the Congress will be able to stand against the BJP-RSS. Speaking at the ‘Sadbhav Yatra’ in Gurgaon, being led by Haryana Congress leader Brijendra Singh, Gandhi said: “The Congress will defeat Narendra Modi and then you see what action we take against him. He has attacked the country, democracy, Constitution and your rights… He has finished democracy and we won’t forget this no matter what. There are two ideologies: RSS and Congress. Hatred and love. All the other parties will not be able to stand against them. In the end, it will be the Congress standing against them and will defeat them,” said the Congress MP in his first public address since the Assembly election results for five states were announced on Monday.He reiterated that the BJP stole the Haryana elections and did the same in MP, Maharashtra, West Bengal and Assam. “They have created a system to steal elections. Lakhs of names are deleted and added. The EC is under their control, and so is the bureaucracy. They think their rule will not be stopped, but their time is coming. Because people have understood that Modi and Amit Shah have been selling the country — airports, ports, infrastructure, power plants and now Nicobar Islands. They are selling it all to (Gautam) Adani. Your wealth is being given to Adani-Ambani,” he said. “No matter how many elections you have to steal you may do, but you will have to face the anger which is there in the people. And people decide in India what is going to happen,” he said. Attacking PM Modi over the India-US trade deal, Gandhi said: “If you want evidence of Narendra Modi being controlled… You saw the US deal happen. What did the US give India and what India gave the US. I will tell you. No other PM would sign a deal like that. This deal was done under pressure from the US. Our agriculture sector was opened for US farmers… All Indian farmers will be ruined because of this,” said Gandhi. The Congress MP alleged that India has agreed to buy oil from countries only after getting approval from US President Donald Trump. “All your data – conversations, messages, hospital and medical records – have been handed to the US,” said Gandhi, alleging that India got nothing in the deal.
“There are two reasons for this. You must have heard the name of (Jeffrey) Epstein. A total of 30.5 lakh Epstein files are lying in the US. Narendra Modi’s history and character is in those files. Trump knows this and says openly that he can finish Modi’s career.” “The second is Adani. There is a criminal case against Adani company in the US. He can’t leave India because of the case. This case is not against Adani, but against Narendra Modi. Because Modi and Adani are the same. The company should be called Modani. The whole country knows this – that BJP’s financial system is Adani,” said Gandhi.Story continues below this ad On his foot marches, Gandhi said: “A few years ago, we did a yatra from Kanyakumari to Kashmir. Lakhs of people walked with us and gave one slogan – to open a shop of love in the market of hatred. This slogan is needed even today.”
Asad Rehman is with the national bureau of The Indian Express and covers politics and policy focusing on religious minorities in India. A journalist for over eight years, Rehman moved to this role after covering Uttar Pradesh for five years for The Indian Express.
During his time in Uttar Pradesh, he covered politics, crime, health, and human rights among other issues. He did extensive ground reports and covered the protests against the new citizenship law during which many were killed in the state.
During the Covid pandemic, he did extensive ground reporting on the migration of workers from the metropolitan citie
NITI Aayog releases Policy Report on School Education System in India News On AIR
Stanford Graduate School of Business Leadership Program: Apply by June 1, 2026 Entrepreneur India
Discussion (0)